Monday, February 28, 2011

SHAVE ICE

BABY MATHEW

Before I moved to Maui, shave ice only existed in the form of snow balls. Snow balls are balls of ice frozen with food coloring on them. They taste like poop. I was 8 years old when I had my first shave ice and when I instantly realized I had been deprived my entire childhood. 

This shave ice stand was walking distance from our spot on the beach. So it was extra convenient for us and the babies. It was located on the grassy side of the side walk. Everyone was extremely excited. But when I got there I had to make one of the most difficult decisions of my life:
shave ice or chocolate frozen banana?

I had always wanted a frozen banana ever since I watch Arrested Development, so I got the frozen banana. And I had some shave ice too. 















No comments:

Post a Comment